Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Foolish Virgin Rowan Knitting Kit

Yesterday on my Facebook page I saw a post from America's Knitting with a link to Ravelry which I followed.  Pictured was Kaffe's Leaf Coat - it brought back memories . . .  

As an x-Rowan Stockist, I assembled yarns for many of Kaffe's projects.  Over the years I stock-piled discontinued Rowan yarns used in Glorious Knits, Family Album, Kaffe's Classics, and Rowan Knitting Magazines, always with the thought that someday I would have the time, the yarn, and the inspiration to be creative.

After seeing Kaffe, during a book signing, and wearing his Foolish Virgin sweater, I had to buy the kit.  And guess what, I still have the kit in its original box - pristine, can only describe it.  After all these years I'm ready to give it up.  Original suggested retail price was $243.  Now available for $125.

Links:    http://www.ravelry.com/projects/lahodges/long-leaf-coat
                         www.facebook.com/pages/The-Yarnwinder/181206571957067





1 comment: